Sealy Posturepedic is one of the most popular and long-standing brands of mattresses produced in the United States. For the past 136 years, Sealy has been providing superior bedding to the world. The main feature of a Sealy Posturepedic mattress is that it supports the body. Unlike other mattresses, its sleeping area is 10-20% larger and the edges are firm.
At present, Sealy Posturepedic has three models in its line of mattresses. These are the Classic, Gel and Hybrid series. The Classic mattresses are made with titanium alloy offset spring coils, and they give lumbar support. The Gel mattresses come with a layer of gel memory foam. This regulates temperature over offset or pocketed coils. A greater amount of gel memory foam is used in the Hybrid line. This is combined with poly foam over pocketed springs.
Irrespective of the line of Sealy Posturepedic mattresses, the pros and cons are basically the same. Here is what consumers had to say about them:
- The mattresses are durable. They stand up well to wear and tear and give good utility.
- The high durability of the mattresses makes them ideal for persons who are over their ideal weight, and those persons who are tall.
- Especially for those persons who are overweight, the mattresses provide good temperature regulation. There is no excessive sweating during rest.
- The mattresses are made to support the body. They, therefore, provide a pleasant sleeping experience.
- Because the mattresses conform to the shape of the body, they reduce the amount of pressure on the body especially the shoulders and the hips. There is little or no tossing and turning during sleep.
- Persons who suffer from back pain report not having any more back pain, or very little back pain after sleeping on a Sealy Posturepedic mattress over time.
- Customers who bought the Gel and Hybrid series have indicated that they sleep for a longer time.
- There is no motion transfer with these mattresses so if two persons are sleeping on the mattress and one person moves, the other person is not disturbed.
- Some of the mattresses come with warranties.
- Due to the high quality of the mattresses, they are heavy and difficult to move around.
- These mattresses cost much more.
- The materials used to make these mattresses smell when they are new.
- Not all the beds in the series provide a warranty.
It is clear why Sealy Posturepedic mattresses have been out beating their competitors all these years. Sealy is big on research and development, and product innovation. Significant efforts have been made to bring modern technology to the business of sleep support. Sealy’s efforts to improve their Classic mattresses and the constant refining of the line of Gel and Hybrid mattresses are testaments to this. The Sealy mattresses don’t just provide an apparatus to sleep on. They are now vehicles through which customers can improve and maintain their health and wellbeing.
While they may be a little pricier, the long-term benefits of owning one of these mattresses significantly outweigh the cost. So, go for a Sealy Posturepedic mattress today.